PIPERINE – BLACK PEPPER EXTRACT!
Why did the black pepper get arrested?
Aggravated a salt…
- Black pepper is the natural source of Piperine, a molecule with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties  which may not actually do much for physical enhancement on its own. But Piperine can inhibit some enzymes that would otherwise attack other ergogenic molecules, and it can enhance digestive capacity . Piperine is very commonly taken alongside supplements to increase their absorption rates and improve their bioavailability , helping you benefit from their ergogenic properties!
- The research available suggests taking 5-20 mg of Piperine alongside other supplements for enhanced absorption rates.
- Kumar S, Malhotra S, Prasad AK, Van der Eycken EV, Bracke ME, Stetler-Stevenson WG, Parmar VS, Ghosh B. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of Piper species: a perspective from screening to molecular mechanisms. Curr Top Med Chem. 2015;15(9):886-93. doi: 10.2174/1568026615666150220120651. PMID: 25697561; PMCID: PMC6295909.
- Srinivasan K. Black pepper and its pungent principle-piperine: a review of diverse physiological effects. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2007;47(8):735-48. doi: 10.1080/10408390601062054. PMID: 17987447.
- Directo D, Wong MWH, Elam ML, Falcone P, Osmond A, Jo E. The Effects of a Multi-Ingredient Performance Supplement Combined with Resistance Training on Exercise Volume, Muscular Strength, and Body Composition. Sports (Basel). 2019 Jun 25;7(6):152. doi: 10.3390/sports7060152. PMID: 31242635; PMCID: PMC6628438.